Digital Millennium Copyright Act ("DMCA") Notice
Stage, Bealls, Goody’s, Peebles, and Palais Royale (collectively referred to as “Stage”) respect the intellectual property rights of others and expects its users to do the same. This notice applies to all Stage websites, including beallstx.com, goodysonline.com, palaisroyal.com, peebles.com, stage.com, blog.stage.com, stagestores.com, and stagestoresinc.com (collectively referred to as “Sites”). Materials may be made available on or through this Stage Sites by third parties not within the control of Stage.
Stage has adopted a policy that provides for the immediate removal of any content that is found to have infringed the rights of Stage or of a third party, or that has otherwise violated any intellectual property laws or regulations. If you believe any material available on any of the Stage Sites infringes your copyright, you should notify us using the notice procedure for claimed infringement under the DMCA (17 U.S.C. § 512(c)(2)). Upon receipt of a proper notice of alleged infringement under the DMCA, Stage will respond expeditiously to remove or disable access to the material claimed to be infringing and will follow the procedures specified in the DMCA.
Your notice must include the following information:
- Your name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address;
- A description of the copyrighted work or intellectual property that you claim has been infringed;
- The exact URL(s) or a description of each place where alleged infringing material is located on one or more of the Stage Sites;
- A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use has not been authorized by you, your agent, or the law;
- A statement by you made under penalty of perjury, that the information in your notice is accurate, that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf; and
- Your electronic or physical signature or the electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on your behalf.
Stage has designated the following agent to whom you should address notice under the DMCA:
- Stage Copyright Agent
- Specialty Retailers, Inc.
- 2425 West Loop Freeway South, 11th Floor
- Houston, Texas 77027
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please also note that under Section 512(f) of the Copyright Act any person who knowingly materially misrepresents that material or activity is infringing may be liable for damages.
Stage may give notice to its users of any infringement notice by means of a general notice on any of our websites, electronic mail to a user's email address in our records, or by written communication sent by first-class mail to a user's physical address in our records. If you receive such an infringement notice, you may provide a counter-notification in writing to the designated agent listed above.
Your counter-notice must contain the following:
- Your name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address
- A description of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled, and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled;
- A statement by you under the penalty of perjury, that you have a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of a mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled; and
- A statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of a Federal District Court for the judicial district in which your physical address is located, or if your physical address is outside of the United States, for any judicial district in which Stage may be found, and that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification of allegedly infringing material or an agent of such person.
Stage may send a copy of the counter-notice to the original complaining party, informing them it may replace the removed or disabled material. Filing a counter notice may lead to legal proceedings between you and the complaining party to determine ownership, and if your claim is rejected, you may face severe legal and financial penalties.